Call for 3 Minute Thesis
After the successful past editions, the Technical Program Committee of EUSIPCO 2019 is offering for the fifth consecutive year a 3 Minutes Thesis (3MT) contest, where PhD students have three minutes to present a compelling oration on their thesis and its significance. This activity is sponsored by EURASIP. It is an exercise for students to consolidate their ideas so they can present them concisely to an audience specialized in different areas. Together with scientific and technical quality, EURASIP wants to promote transversal skills of PhD researchers such as oral and presentation skills, and it also wants to help PhDs to gain visibility of their work.
To PhD students: If you are devoting or have devoted 3 or more years to your PhD, you could devote 3 minutes to explain it to a more general public, we challenge you!
- Create a video that best explains your work in a language appropriate to a signal processing general audience. The video should not be longer than 3 minutes.
- Upload your video to a site accessible by the evaluation committee. The video should be accessible for viewing and downloading. It is ok for the video to be hidden from search engines and accessible only with a private URL. However, it should not require a username/password to view. You can use, for example, DropBox, Google Drive, or your institution’s web server.
- Submit your entry via email at 3MT@eusipco2019.org no later than May 20, 2019. Make sure you include a Title, 1-page abstract/summary, Name, Affiliation and a link to the video location. Your one-page abstract will be included in the EUSIPCO 2019 proceedings.
- A shortlist of ten finalists will be selected by a jury composed by two members of the EURASIP BoD and the EUSIPCO 2019 Student Activity Chair.
Please address any questions related to the 3MT contest at 3MT@eusipco2019.org.
Finalists are invited to give their 3MT presentation at EUSIPCO 2019.
Finalists will receive complimentary registration to attend EUSIPCO 2019 (please note that such free registration cannot be used to cover accepted papers).
Among the ten finalists, the top-three finalists will be selected by the EUSIPCO 2019 audience based on their live 3-minute presentation and they will be invited to attend the Gala dinner where the winner will be announced and awarded with a Grand prize of 1000€. The runners-up will receive an award certificate.
The video of the winner will be posted online on the EURASIP website.
- 3MT video and one page abstract submission due: May 20, 2019.
- Shortlist announced: June 17, 2019.